Wednesday, September 12, 2012

First Day of School

I seem to be a week behind in all of my posts. But I want to make sure I post them so I can look back later and know details of things that have gone on in our life.

Last Thursday was Caden's first day moving up to the "bigger kid class" at Mother's Day Out.
 To be perfectly honest I didn't have a great feeling about it. Caden is at an in between age. He is too big for the baby class which now has 3 and 4 months old so they were moving him up to the 18-24 month class. When I took him I talked with his teacher and expressed some of my concerns. He doesn't "hold hands" while walking anywhere so I was worried about him going to the playground. I was concerned about him playing on a playground without me being there. He was expected to sit in a small chair and eat lunch around a table and take a nap on a mat on the floor. I thought maybe I was bring too over-protective so I left him. I got a phone call an hour and a half later telling me he had fallen off the jungle gym but "he was okay", they just wanted me to know.
 Needless to say, after a few other things happening that day, it was Caden's first and last day at Mother's Day Out, at least for now. We have decided to pull him out because although he is as big as the other kids his motor skills just aren't there yet. But maybe next semester he'll go back because he really seemed to love the interaction with all the other kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment