Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas

It was such a special weekend. Christmas is always special but spending it with my little guy made is so much more meaningful. I fell more in love with him every single day.

I watched the excitement in his eyes when he plays with his cousins. Aubrey was the best little baby-sitter and Caden loved the undivided attention he got.
We celebrated Christmas with my family on Christmas Eve day so that morning I was hard at work in the kitchen while Matt slept from working the night before. I needed help with Caden so Pop came to the rescue. And I put him to work! He fed Caden breakfast! Pop hasn't fed a baby in about 28 years but he did a pretty good job!

We ate a late lunch with my parents, brother and his family and then we opened presents. Caden didn't really care about his new toys but absolutely loved ripping the paper, and then eating it!

Matt and I went home with every intention to go to our Christmas Eve service at church. But Caden laid down to take a nap, and if you have read previously he isn't a very good napper, so I did not want to wake him up, plus it was raining and I did not want to get him out in the rain, so we ended up staying in and hanging out. Those times are few and far between right now with Matt's work schedule and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Christmas morning we woke up and opened presents and gave Caden his stocking. And Caden honestly seemed excited. When I sat him on the couch he was eying the Christmas tree and his toys in front of it!

He played pretty hard and took a 2 hour nap for me that morning! Once he woke up we went and had a late breakfast at my parents house and then got extremely busy. We went to Matt's grandparents house for a few hours and then went to Matt's parents. Caden got so many toys and clothes. He is a very loved little boy!

Unfortunately, in all the busyness and running around I forgot to take my camera both places. So, I haven't got those pictures from my mother-in-law yet but hopefully I will soon.


Caden had a wonderful first Christmas and I don't want to forget a single moment. I tried to savor every minute and take in every expression and smile he had. I sure love the 2 guys in my life. I am a lucky lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment