Caden has decided, and has told me in no certain words, that he no longer takes naps. Which makes for a very cranky baby and a very tired mama. (Disclaimer... I really do put clothes on my baby, but after a diaper blow-out and a crying baby, I didn't have the energy to put clothes on him just yet)
We are also having eating issues to add to the crankiness today. Since we started feeding him baby food I have noticed that his cheeks get very red and warm to the touch. They look very blotchy. So I have wondered if it has something to do with the weather changes or a food allergy. So we did rice cereal instead. And when he finishes his last bite of food he is not a happy baby! I am almost positive he would eat as much as I will feed him.Also, I have been wondering lately if I am making enough milk to fill Caden up, and am beginning to think I am not. So, I ended up having to give him a bottle of formula and I was devastated. It was definitely more traumatic on me then on Caden. I know this may sound silly but in a way I felt like I wasn't able to provide for him like he needs. Yes, I know, that is being a little dramatic, but it was how I felt in the moment.
I finally gave in and swaddled him and he took a short nap, for about 45 minutes, but that was better then no nap at all I guess. But I still had a very fussy baby on my hands the remainder of the day. And it didn't help that I accidentally bonked his head on the doorway walking in to a dark room. I am pretty sure the neighbors heard him wailing! (He may have gotten his dramatic side from his mom... possibly!)
Needless to say, we were both so happy when daddy walked through the door this evening! So, this was a disastrous day in the life of me, but we will all make it and tomorrow is a new day!
No comments:
Post a Comment