Saturday, February 4, 2012

On the mend

After a very long week Caden is finally getting better! I was feeling so discouraged on Wednesday because we weren't seeing any improvement at all but he has slowly made some progress over the past few days. Nights are still the worst, our poor little guy keeps waking himself up coughing. One thing that hasn't wavered, not even a tiny bit, is his appetite. He ate like a champ, like nothing was wrong! His has also taken better naps the past few days but I think it may be due to him not sleeping well at night. He even fell asleep in the middle of playing in his exersaucer.
Although he hasn't felt well he has become a lot more mobile this week! He rolls all over the room. The days are over where I can leave him playing in the center of our bed while I am putting laundry away or getting ready in the morning. He is trying so hard to crawl but just not there yet. And it seems he is getting frustrated that he can't get to where he wants to go. I have a feeling he will be crawling within a month so the top of my to do list is get plenty of rest now!!

Caden has also started using his sippy cup very well this week. He doesn't quite understand having to tip it back when it isn't completely full but if it is full to the top he can drink out of it all by himself!

This afternoon I got Caden out of the house for the first time since Monday and went next door to my parents house. I needed to go to the grocery store but didn't want to take him since he isn't 100% yet so he played with Nana while I was gone. She took him out to swing for awhile and she said he was so excited! He laughed and squealed and she said the higher she pushed him the more he would laugh! We may have a little dare devil on our hands!

And in exciting news, tonight is Matt's last "night" to work!! Yep, he goes back to the day shift starting Wednesday!! Caden and I are soooooo excited to have him home with us every single night! We celebrated with apples and bananas with our cereal tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Glad he is feeling better! RSV sucks! Zach & I were just talking today how we spent "superbowl Sunday" of last year in the hospital with Isaac. You are very lucky that he kept up his appetite! If he had stopped eating and gotten dehydrated he may have ended up in the hospital for fluids. Isaac will be excited to play with him if he is back at school on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete