I have really slacked on my blogging lately. I have also not taken very many pictures over the past 2 weeks. It seems the older Caden is getting the busier we get. I am making a promise to myself to get better about both!
Last Sunday was my first Mother's Day having my baby in my arms and not my tummy! What a special day it was!! Matt got me such a sweet card from him and then a separate one from Caden. He also got me a sweet Willow Tree figurine of a mommy with a baby. He knows the way to my heart! We enjoyed the day as a family!
Last week seemed to be fast and furious! Matt had an incredibly busy week at work as did I. For the first time since Matt and I have been together I was very fearful for his job and his life. I honestly had a day of praying without ceasing. Matt had a very big drug bust and I knew all the details of what this was going to entail, and I prayed like crazy. God was so faithful to answer my prayers and keep everyone involved safe.
Friday morning Caden has a follow up appointment from his surgery and everything looks great!! He did so well with his surgery and has seemed so happy since! And he sleeps through the night 90% of the time! This makes for a happy mommy and baby! He still occasionally wakes up needing some snuggle time but I don't mind too much :)
Then Caden and I set off for a day of shopping with my friend Heather and had a blast! Caden loves getting out of the house and also loves the attention he gets whenever we go shopping!
Caden seems to be changing and doing something more every single day. I know I say this often but I fall in love with my little guy more and more every day. He now puckers his lips and makes a kissy face, and he does this all the time! It's adorable! But still gives wide open mouth wet kisses! He is a very sensitive little guy. If he falls down, he cries and cries. It hurts his feelings when I sternly tell him "no" so he cries and cries some more. He still does not say many words but he has a language all his own! And he is starting to walk! He took 10 steps last night but then got excited and sat down!! When I look out of the corner of my eye I see him taking steps to get to things but when I watch and coax him he just gets too excited to walk! So he sits down and claps instead!
I knew being a mom would be the hardest job of my life but also the most rewarding. I never imagined the little ways my life would change. I love every single minute of it. I cannot believe that I am starting to plan his 1st birthday party and I'll admit, it brings some tears to my eyes!
No comments:
Post a Comment