Tuesday, September 27, 2011

We had such a nice and relaxing weekend! Caden and I played and napped together on Saturday while Matt slept. I cooked an early dinner so Matt and I could eat together before he went to work. That evening we went to Nana and Pop's house for a little while and then I gave my little guy a bath and it was bedtime! Lately Caden has been going to bed around 9 so that gave a couple of hours to myself and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I got to read for awhile and catch up on my blog. And Caden slept through the night 2 nights in a row! His sleeping habits are still very inconsistent but I woke up feeling refreshed after 7 consecutive hours of sleep and Caden woke up in a great mood also!

On Sunday Matt and I decided it would be best for him to sleep and get up earlier then usual so we could spend some time together so we didn't make it to church. I hated not going but I think it was very important for us to have some family time. It seemed like Caden and I hadn't seen Matt in days. So while Matt slept we went over to my mom's house and took his swing outside on their deck so he could swing. By the 3rd swing Caden was fast asleep. It was so nice to sit outside in the quiet and have time to pray and be still. I cherish those times now more then ever.

This week we are back to our normal routine. I miss Caden so much while I am at work. I am constantly texting Matt or my mom to check on him. I know he is in good hands but I can't help it. I'm his mom and I want to be with him! Matt brings him to me at lunch and it is the highlight of my day to see his face and show him off! I am looking forward to my days at home with Caden this week! Wednesday cannot get here fast enough!

1 comment:

  1. Treasure those sweet times with him. He's going to be 2 before you know it...

    ReplyDelete