Sunday, October 16, 2011

Phases

What a week?!? It has been a bittersweet week. Monday morning before I went to work, my neighbor and "grandma" passed away at her home. She has lived across the street from my parents since my mom was pregnant with me. She has literally watched me grow up every day and has been such a sweet person in my life. I am so thankful she got to meet and love on Caden and she will surely be missed. The walk to my parents house just isn't the same.Because of her funeral I was able to stay home with Caden an extra day this week. And since my parents and I were at the funeral, I had to find someone to watch Caden for that hour. My friends Donna and Doni gladly accepted and when I went to pick him up he was all smiles and it was obvious he had been spoiled rotten for the time I was away. And I love it! I love when my friends love on my little man and I am so glad he has great people in his life!

We also went back to the doctor this week because Caden is still spitting up a lot and having some stomach issues so they added another medicine and I really hope it will start working. It makes me so sad to know my baby doesn't feel good.

And we started giving him a little cereal at night so he will have something thicker in his tummy before bedtime. He seemed to really like it! And it was all over him! I know I say this all the time but I am so in love with this little boy!

Caden has also recently fell in love with his lovie! He gets so excited and squeals when I give it to him and he hugs it and puts the bears ear in his mouth. He is a happy happy boy! I had to wash it today while he was napping and thank goodness it was dry right at the time he woke up so he wasn't without it for long! We are currently trying to think of a catchy name for it, it is his first favorite thing and that is pretty special!This morning Caden was in the nursery but halfway through church one of the workers came to get me and said "your baby hates the world and everyone in it right now!" I got there as fast as I could. I think he just missed his mommy because as soon as I got him and started rocking him, he was all cuddles and smiles. So we will try again next week!

Tonight I am cooking Matt's favorite meal, lasagna, and we are spending some much needed time together as a family. I love Sunday nights with my 2 boys!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww Im sorry he didnt have fun in the nursery this week! Next time Im in there I will make sure he does :)

    ReplyDelete