Matt is finally home and I was one happy girl when he walked in the door! We loved having Nana stay with us but I don't feel so bad waking Matt up at night for help. I mean, it is what he is off work for, right?!? So we are trying to get back on a routine, or as close to a routine as possible. I think reality is finally setting in that I really do have a baby and he is all mine. It seemed surreal until now. And I fall more in love with him everyday. When I was pregnant my friends, and even random people, would tell me my life was going to change once I had my baby. And I didn't doubt them but I didn't realize the magnitude of that statement until I heard him cry for the first time. I was instantly changed. In a moment life was no longer about me anymore, it is about that little boy and what is best for him. I am stronger then I ever thought possible and the fact that I had "major abdominal surgery" (which I say it that way because that is how everyone explains c-sections) while being awake and managed to make it through that without a panic attack or even tears for myself but only tears because I was worried about my son, is proof I can handle way more then I ever thought possible. When I found out I was pregnant my concern was all about the blood test and now that blood test isn't looking quite so bad anymore! But after everything I went through, I would do it all over again to be the mommy to my sweet Caden. And I know I've said this before, but seeing Matt with Caden makes me fall in love with him more and more everyday. At the risk of damaging his "tough policeman" image, he absolutely melts when he is around Caden or has him in his arms. I knew Matt would be a good dad but I did not expect him to be such a softie when it came to his son! Or to be such a pro diaper changer!! I am loving my little family and loving this time at home with them! I try to cherish every single day because I know life will not always be this calm and I want to enjoy every moment that I can!
I have got to get better at taking pictures. I haven't been taking as many lately so here are some of my favorites from the first week he was home!

Now you should've known he was going to be a softie...remember at the garage sale and he put Isaac down & Isaac cried to he picked him right back up...and thats not even his kid!!
ReplyDelete