Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mother's Day Out

After giving it a lot of thought, prayer, and consideration, Matt and I decided to enroll Caden in a Mother's Day Out program at a local church 1 day a week. I want him to get used to playing with other kids at an early age. And as much as I love him being a momma's boy I want him to be adaptable and happy while others keep him as well. (And I will also add here that I know the sweet lady that is taking care of him very well. In fact she kept me when I was a baby!)

So, I've known this day was coming, and I had a complete peace about it, but my heart still felt a little sad. It is just one more way he is growing up so fast and isn't my tiny little baby anymore. We woke up as normal but instead of taking him to my mom's house I fed him breakfast and bundled him up for his day. I had packed his bag yesterday so we were ready to go.

He played with his rattle and was talking to me the whole way to Palestine. When we walked inside "the baby room" he was all smiles. I could see him staring at all the fun and new toys. I'm not sure he even realized I left, which I am so thankful for, because if he had cried there is no way I would have made it out that door. And I am also happy to admit I didn't cry either! Not even when I got to my car.

Mrs. Vicki was sweet enough to txt me throughout the day to let me know how he was doing and even sent a picture of him playing in a bouncer! He took a 45 minute nap this morning and a 20 minute one this afternoon, which is more then I thought he would do. I assumed he would be too excited with all of the excitement and other kids to sleep!

But when I walked through that door to pick him up at 3:00 I couldn't wait to love on him! I could tell he was so tired but he played and talked to me the entire way home. But once we got home and I started rocking him the boy was out! And took a 2 hour nap! I have a feeling every Thursday night he will be sleeping good after all of the excitement in his day!

No comments:

Post a Comment