Monday, January 30, 2012

Sick baby

We have had a long and tough few days in the Kerr household. My mom told me last Thursday that Caden had been coughing some but I didn't give it a lot of thought because sometimes he would give a fake little cough and then smile really big. But in the middle of the night my sweet boy couldn't sleep because he was coughing so much. By morning he was so congested. I decided since it was almost the weekend to go ahead and call his doctor. She worked us in that morning and said he had a viral infection and was starting to get some "rumbling" in his chest. Off we went with a decongestant and hopes that he would feel better soon! Unfortunately he is feeling worse. It is so sad to see him feeling so bad. I have had some sleepless nights with him sleeping on my chest in the recliner. Matt was working so we would text all night long. He was so sweet to come home and watch Caden for a few hours so I could get some sleep to re-energize myself for another day and night alone with him. My parents watched him for a little while on Saturday while I went to Wal-mart and loaded up on things for him. I got a humidifer, baby vicks vapor rub, saline drops and gel. I wanted to make sure I was set! And of course he didn't mind getting spoiled by Nana and Pop!

Over the past few days I realized I am a weeny mom. My heart absolutely breaks seeing him sick and I just want to make him feel better. He cries because he doesn't feel good and I cry because he doesn't feel good. The only good thing, and I do mean ONLY, is all the cuddle time I've gotten with him. So I will continue to hold and love on my sweet boy until he feels better, which I am hoping is very very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment