Monday, January 23, 2012

Sleep, or the lack thereof...

I have been trying to get better about updating this blog more often but it seems I get busy and by the end of the day I choose to go to bed instead of get on the computer. But we had a major "first" last Thursday night. Caden was so tired from Mother's Day Out that when I laid him in his crib to watch his mobile before bed that he fell asleep on his own, NOT SWADDLED!!! He slept there for about 2 hours or so and then slept off and on the rest of the night between his pack in play in our room and in bed with me. Which is an AWFUL habit, and it is something that will not be done often, but I wanted to prove (mainly to myself) that Caden could, indeed, sleep unswaddled.

Friday my mom and I went to Tyler to get some decorations for a Valentine's Banquet we are decorating for and went to see my friend Ashley and her sweet daughter Lauren. Lauren is absolutely adorable!! I was thrilled to see her and Caden interacting, I think he really liked her! And they are both so friendly that there may have been a few kisses! They are both so sweet and social, and it just may have been Caden's first kiss!

Friday night Caden spent the first half of the night in his crib but I think he may have realized what was going on because he wasn't very happy when he woke up there! And the little stinker goes to sleep as soon as I lay him on my bed! But I ended up swaddling him because that is a bad habit that I do not want to get started. Needless to say I am not getting much sleep because although he does sleep some of the night unswaddled, he wakes up a lot, therefore I wake up a lot.

My sweet friend Christine is going to have her baby boy any day now so we went to get pampered Saturday afternoon. We got manicure's and pedicure's and I will admit, it was so nice! I haven't done that since before I had Caden. I cannot wait until she has her sweet baby.

Saturday night was more of the same as far as Caden's sleep is concerned. He started off in his crib. Then some in his pack and play, and at some point I got him from his pack and play in my sleep and woke up laying in my bed with him in my arms. Oops!! Guys, I was really tired. I don't remember anything about getting him!

Caden thoroughly enjoyed himself in the nursery Sunday morning and took a good nap Sunday afternoon. Then Matt's friend Sonny, and my friend Heather came over for dinner. We had such a fun time hanging out and playing! We also decided to get Caden his first swing since the days have been so much like spring lately (which we love) so he tried that out for the first time and smiled and squealed when we would swing him big! I just love that little guys smile! Melts my heart every time!

Unfortunately, in all of the busyness I didn't take any pictures! I have got to get better about that! I will update his 7 months stats in a day or two!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are updating more often! It was absolutely wonderful seeing you!

    ReplyDelete