Sunday, March 4, 2012

Crib sleeper... this is HUGE!!!

So as many of you know we have struggled with Caden's sleeping habits over the past few months, including him still needing to be swaddled and in his bouncer. But we have gone 3 full nights in his crib all night long without being swaddled!! He has woken up at least once every night to eat but goes right back to sleep.

And for the past 8 months I haven't set an alarm on Sunday because he has been my human alarm but the past 3 days I have woken up before him. This morning my eyes popped open at 9:00 and I checked on him and he was snoozing away! Needless to say we were a little late to church, but I will not wake that sweet boy up when he is sleeping!

And in case you were wondering, I do feel like the luckiest mommy in the world to wake up and see that face first thing every morning!!

In the picture below I took a picture of Caden's "bed-head" His hair is so blonde that it is hard to see but the back part of his hair stands straight up in the morning and after his naps. He is a crazy sleeper! It's so funny!
Caden also loves to be outside! The weather has been so amazing lately so we try to take advantage of it as much as possible. And he loves to swing and watch Nana's and Pop's dogs run around! When I look at that sweet face I realize how much he is growing! He looks like a little boy and not so much a baby anymore!

He has also fallen in love with his sippy cup. If it is in his sights then he will find a way to get to it. He isn't full out crawling yet but he definitely has his method to get to where he wants to go. He has also figured out that when his sippy cup is half full it is easier to just lay down to drink it. So that is what he does!
My friend Liz and I went shopping this weekend and Caden was so good! I found lots of cute things on sale for him and I couldn't pass up this adorable baseball cap! Caden, on the other hand, wasn't too crazy about it!
If he could talk I guarantee he is saying "Mom please take this hat off and let me go take a nap now!!"

1 comment: