Thursday, November 24, 2011

5 months

These last 5 months have been the best and most trying months of my life. I have fallen in love in a way I never knew was possible. Caden is no longer a "newborn" but definitely all baby! His smile can light up a room and definitely melts my heart every single time I see it. I heard some lyrics in a song a few days ago that brought tears to my eyes, it said "minutes turn to days and I wish that I could slow it down." That is exactly how I feel. I want to cherish every single memory and moment! Caden is my "chunk of love" and absolutely the light of my life!Caden Andrew, at 5 months you are:
  • In size 3 diapers (you just went up a size this week)
  • Wearing some 3-6 month clothes but mainly 6-9 month
  • Size 2-3 shoes
  • about 19lbs- which is why you are my chunk of love!
  • Taking naps in your crip & sleeping on your tummy!
  • usually take 3 naps a day anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours
  • Still sleeping in your bouncer at night
  • No longer hating tummy time
  • Almost rolling over but can't quite make it all the way on your own yet
  • Breastfeeding and eating every 3 hours
  • Still only drinking 4.5oz bottles when given
  • Waking up once during the night
  • Go to bed at 8:30 every night
  • Just started baby food today, you ate sweet potatoes and loved it!
  • Getting more and more interested in your exersaucer but your little legs barely touch the floor
  • Have discovered your toys on your car seat and play with them wherever we go
  • Still love music
  • Very vocal, you talk and squeal to me all day long
  • Your fingers are in your mouth all day long and you drool a lot!
  • Cutting your first tooth & it has almost broke through!
  • Give big wet open mouth kisses all the time!

My sweet Caden, When I rock you at night I watch you sleep and thank God for giving me you. I feel like the luckiest mommy ever to have such a sweet little boy. You give me the sweetest smiles at night when you wake up and it makes it impossible to not smile and want to scoop you up and hold you the rest of the night. We have survived your first cold and it broke my heart to know you weren't feeling good. But we cuddled and rocked more then ever. You are growing up so fast and I want to soak every single moment. I love you Caden Andrew. Thank you for bringing such joy to my life and for the big wet kisses and smiles that melt my heart every single day. I love you, XOXO, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment