Happy Halloween!!
It was an interesting weekend. For some reason, Caden woke up every 3 hours during the night 4 nights in a row, and would not take good naps during the day. Needless to say, I had a very fussy and cranky boy on my hands. And to be completely honest, this mama was pretty cranky also. I was exhausted and feeling completely overwhelmed because Matt was working so it was just me 24 hours a day trying to maintain my household and my sanity. And while I am being honest, I will admit to a minor little break down Monday evening once Matt got home. Poor Matt. But he was a trooper and let me cry and helped me out as much as he could.
But with that being said, I did not work on Monday so that gave Caden and I some extra time together. We got up that morning and went grocery shopping. I got freaked out by a man (probably in his late 50's) that came up to us while we were picking out apples and started talking to Caden. Then he asked me if he could kiss him. Hello? Umm... no. I practically ran to check out so I could get the heck out of there!
After my meltdown we headed to FBC Elkhart for the Great Pumpkin Party, and how fitting it was to take my sweet little pumpkin, oh and Caden came too! Matt and I had so much fun getting him dressed for his 1st Halloween outing. I am not a big fan of Halloween, I never really dressed up as a child, but we thought it would be fun to take Caden and show him off. 
Pop gave red wagon rides to the kids but Caden wasn't quite big enough so he got a front seat ride in Pop's lap! He really enjoyed the first 10 seconds... then that face of complete horror came and he started wailing! It was actually pretty funny and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to cuddle with him while he calmed down!
Today has been a great day. I don't know about other mom's but there are days when I feel like I am a frazzled mess and other days I feel like super mom & wife. Today is one of those days. Caden slept all night and after feeding him at 6am went back to sleep until 9:30. I even got to sleep until 9 and then Matt made breakfast for us before he went to sleep for the day. I have gotten 4 loads of laundry done, folded and put up, ran some errands and went to visit Pop at work, came home and made chicken spaghetti and have it cooking in the crock pot and Caden is sleeping. Whew. And amazingly enough, I still have some energy!
I love days like this when I feel accomplished! Caden and I have also been working on tummy time and he is doing better! He is so close to rolling over! We'll keep practicing! And he is the biggest helper with laundry! All the fresh and clean laundry goes straight to his mouth and is covered in drool! I hope Matt doesn't mind those drool stains all over his clothes!
Aren't those days the best?! Caden is such a cutie!
ReplyDelete