We started out puttling gold paint on their hands and pressed their hands around a green Christmas ornament and made a "turkey". I can honestly say it is was easier said then done. By the time we got Caden's done both of his hands were covered in paint. It was on his face, arms, legs and in his hair! And it was all over me too!
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the finished product yet but I will post that soon!
Caden has so much fun playing and being entertained the whole time that he passed out face first into his toys and thankfully his sock monkey was there to catch his fall. And he has NEVER fallen asleep playing before! Miss Paislee needs to come over to play more often!Also, since Caden was born we have swaddled him (which if I have another baby I am not sure I will do that again) and Caden wouldn't sleep any other way. He had to be swaddled or be held. That was it. But over the past few days he has slowly started taking longer and longer naps on his tummy. Praise Jesus!! I was really beginning to think he was going to be swaddled until he was 10!
He has also fallen in love... with his pacifier. And it is bittersweet for me. It is nice to have to calm him down and help him go to sleep but I don't like being dependent on it, which is happening very fast!

I just love his overalls in the above pictures so I thought I'd throw them in! The day we found out I was having a boy my dad bought Caden 2 outfits and this was one of them. Pop was actually the first to buy Caden clothes!
And finally... we got Caden a new bath tub and he loves it!! He splashed and squealed the whole time! Who wouldn't love to take a bath in a big inflatable duck?!?!
Dont worry about the swaddling! Both my boys loved it until they were about 6mos! And I loved that it calmed them. And the same with the passy...I love that I could give them something when we were out & about to soothe them, and I worried about taking it away once they were older and were able to self soothe. Im not gonna lie, Isaac still has his, and hes 14mos old. But I figure he'll give it up when hes ready like Eli did! And Id much rather him suck the passy than his fingers! Cant cut those off lol!
ReplyDelete